- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions asked on this post.
- Nominate at least five people to do it also.
- Let your nominees know you nominated them.
- What are your three book pet peeves ?
I sometimes wish I could rewrite the ending myself. It would be so different- so that means if the ending is not what I expected, it would bother me.
Sometimes I wonder how some books got published or how some authors even got the story they wrote. What do they have in their brain ? Isn’t there a thing called self- censorship ?
I read a book recently on my trip back from home – The Matsya Curse- this book I wish I had never purchased or read. The story line is so unclear, what did the author want to say ?
Sometimes I find the writers are so fed up with their characters by about the middle of the book, that they want to end it somehow. Perhaps they were under a strict deadline or something, and they just hurry on till the ending. Have you ever faced that ?
2. Describe your favorite reading spot ?
An old sofa in my room, if the weather is cold and the room comfortable. At other times, it can be a waiting area- book reading is what keeps me through a wait period.
3. Tell us three book confessions.
I have been guilty of throwing books in the dustbin because I felt such books should not be in circulation. I am an emotional reader. I don’t cry when I read books but books affect me and my thoughts. There are times when I like the anti-hero better than the hero of the story. I have read upto 3 books a day at one day- those are the happiest days of my life. I am sad these days as I require my reading glasses to read books and they are often misplaced and I lose out on valuable reading time.
4. When was the last time I cried when I read a book ?
I can’t remember when I ever did.
5. How many books are there by your bedside table ?
At least 9 and they are all bedtime simple books, books I have read a 100 times before but they are simple, with an old world charm. Paddington wins the prize always.
6. What is your favorite snack to eat while reading ?
Peanut cookies, homemade, which my mum used to make as a child
7. Describe how much books mean to you in just three words ?
Books are rejuvenating.
8. Nominating just 5 people to carry on the award.