In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Circle of Five.”
1. A no-complaint person : I would like to spend time with someone who has been stoically strong in times of trouble, to the extent of always praising and having no complaints midst everything. I know a father who has 4 children- 3 of his children had the deadly disease cystic fibrosis- his wife, he and the daughter who was well, spent their entire lives, caring for their sick children(siblings), with no word of complaint. One day the mother died, out of sheer exhaustion and did any of them complain ? No-they managed to celebrate her going. Basically, spend time with a no-complaint person.
2. A person who takes responsibility : I would like to be with someone who can take responsibility for things that happen in his/her life. I have been with too many people who are so willing to palm off responsibilities on others, blaming others if things go wrong and making the world a miserable place.
3. A person who values the love of children, animals and of living beings not -so- high- up in order as adult human beings: Love is important here- someone who can reciprocate love in whatever form it comes to them, and from who ever.
4. A person who has strength of character : It would be great to live and work with people who have the strength and courage to stick up for what they think is right, come what may. They may or may not be able to justify why they are what they are, but they are what they are, and proud of it too and that makes a lot of difference.
5. A person who lives for the day and does not store up too much for tomorrow : I like to be with the easy- going person, with no hang-ups and worries about what will happen tomorrow- for all we know, it may not happen and if it does, it may not be as bad as we think it will be.